Tuesday 9 September 2008

The song we chose

We narrowed our choice of songs down to two, one of which was Superman by Joe Brooks and another was Curbside Prophits by Jason Mraz. After listening to them both over and over to come up with video ideas, we found that Superman came out with more and better ideas so therefore we have chosen Superman by Joe Brooks.

A little more about Joe Brooks

"At the age of 15 I picked up my first guitar, although old and battered, with a sound that can only be described as dodgy, it proved to be a spark for new inspiration. As a self-taught guitarist, I began by experimenting with my own tunes, whatever sounded good at the time I guess. My inability to read guitar music provoked the creation of new, unique sounds, oh and duff note after duff note.


However, it was a year down the line when I discovered an ability I was unaware existed. I began accompanying the strumming with vocal melodies heavily inspired by an early Jack Johnson in Brushfire Fairytales. Simple yet wonderfully mind-blowing. Lyrically there was to be no stronger influence than the genius of Ben Harper, his words tailored to capture every emotion.


Over the years, what was once a dead-end hobby, has grown to become part of a much bigger dream. One that I will work endlessly to achieve.

No comments: